Saturday, December 10, 2022

Out the Window

This post is a reaction to something I read/hear a lot. (actually a reply to my reply on a tweet set me off)

I'm always surprised, that people are surprised, when I book a window seat, and...
...
wait for it...
...
Keep the window open...
Why?
Because I want to look out the window!


I'm tired of seeing articles, social media posts, etc that go on and on about how you're supposed to close your window when you're on a plane. Why would you get a WINDOW seat if you don't have a window? I've been told that there's nothing to see from 30,000 ft (or whatever altitude). Well, I've seen all kinds of things when there is "nothing to see" - cool clouds, neat geographical features, aurora borealis, sunrises, sunsets and on and on. To top it all off, on the long international flights, my body has some clue as to what time it is, so I don't suffer jet lag. I've been told by more than one person after flying 1/2 way round the world, that I am a freak of nature...No, I keep the F%$#(ing window open so I know what "time" it is.



Mt. Hood




Ice




Snow




The Big City




Mountains


No comments: