Saturday, January 19, 2008

Flamingos in the Rain

I didn't get good subject isolation of the chicks, (and haven't come up with a realistic looking method of doing so in photoshop) but I still sort of liked this photo taken last summer at the Cincinnati Zoo. I liked the circular ripples in the water, I like the details in the front chick's feathers/down and I like the way the adult flamingos frame the chicks (two on each side in the un-cropped version, but the front one on the left is a butt shot and the butt is not sharp at that:) The grey chicks just don't stand out against the background enough...which I guess helps protect the little guys from predators. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 on my made up on the spot scale. Also, why does it always manage to rain when we get a chance to go there???

Flamingo Chicks - Cincinnati Zoo


No comments: