Thursday, June 26, 2014

Qutub Minar (Urdu: قطب مینار‎),


By the third day I was smarter, and tired of heat. The last major thing on my list was Qutub (aka Qutb, Qutab) Minar, the last of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Delhi. I planned pretty well and at this point I realized why some of the things opened at 6 am. So I dragged my butt out of bed and took a taxi out to Qutub Minar, getting there before 6:30 am, before any other visitors, and before the heat. As I walked up to the gate there were multiple big signs "No Bags, Backpacks" but the gate attendant took one look at my pale face, the huge camera and just waved me through past the metal detectors. Most of the time I was the only visitor there. Here are some of the photos.

Qutub Minar Soars 73 Meters - Delhi, India



Quwwatu'l-Islam Details - Delhi, India



Alai Minar - Delhi, India



Qutub Minar- Delhi, India



Qutub Minar- Delhi, India



Quwwatu'l-Islam - Delhi, India

No comments: