Sunday, June 22, 2008

Out In The Country

Before the breathin' air is gone
Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime

Walking around out in Kakrinje while Shelby was horseback riding (a panoramic view of Kakrinje taken a little over a month ago can be seen here), I took a few shots. It was a beautiful day and one of my favorite Three Dog Night songs came to mind. "Out in the Country"

Here goes my first "political" rant is quite a while. As anyone who has been outside the U.S/Canada, western Europe, Japan and Singapore is sure to know, the pollution and trash in other countries is overwhelming. Travel a bit and it quickly becomes apparent that labeling the U.S. as one of the world's biggest polluters is just politically inspired B.S. I've been to some single cities that I'd swear pollute more in terms of dumping raw sewage into the world's water supply then the entire U.S, Canada, and western Europe combined. Today the gross haze of dirty diesel and sulfur laden coal over Sarajevo was not apparent. and that was much appreciated. Someday I'll take pictures of the river that runs through Sarajevo, to show another side of it../end rant

Haystacks - Kakrinje, Bosnia





Cherries - Kakrinje, Bosnia





Wildflowers - Kakrinje, Bosnia


2 comments:

betsy said...

These are beautiful! Nice depth.

Hey, I 'namechecked' you in my sermon last Sunday! It's right at the beginning, you don't even have to listen to the whole 25 minutes (though of course, in my longing for approval, I'd like you to!) It's linked on my blog.

Can you get sealed grocery products by mail? Can I send you some red stuff?

I take photos. said...

Thanks, Bets, glad you like the photos.

Actually Elesa clued me in so I did listen...my cynicism though still can't get past "religion" and "industry" in the same phrase...in my mind, the epitome of the problem with organized religion....

Unfortunately, we can't get liquids above about 8oz and the last person who tried to sneak fish sauce in (known in this household as "butt sauce") has been shunned by the entire community! Carl is still upset months later because his DVD from Netflix stunk. However, a couple of friends just left and "willed" me 2 bottles, plus Elesa brought one in her suitcase so I'm good for another 9 months or so. Maybe longer since Carl is off to college