Friday, April 04, 2008

Hradec Králové

After our morning in Litomyšl, we headed up to Hradec Králové for the afternoon and walked around there a bit. I spent a bit of time trying to get this first photo right. I wanted the beautiful sky and the steeple(s) of the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in the background, behind some of the sculptures of saints around the Marian Column (or Plague Column) in Velké Square. In retrospect, I should have popped it with a little bit of fill flash, but that would have meant getting the flash out of my camera bag and all sorts of other excuses.

"Plague Column" - Hradec Králové, Czech Republic




From the monument, we walked around the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit (Katedrála Svatého Ducha). On the one side there were maybe 4 or 5 reliefs embedded into the walls. I'm not sure and can't find any mention of them, but my guess is that they are probably tombs of early bishops.

Sent to the Corner - Hradec Králové, Czech Republic


No comments: