Monday, April 09, 2007

Night Time HDR - City Living

Reading Sean Duggan's recent blog entries on night time HDR in Las Vegas prompted me to mess around a bit on my own. Last night I took shots of the "eternal flame" and the National Bank Building. I didn't realize at the time how much I would have to compensate for the vast difference between the bright light of the flame and the lights the bank sculptures hold respectively, so I'm not real keen on my results. Photos like these are beyond the capabilities of the camera's generally very good evaluative metering I'll try again soon. In the meantime, I decided to make sure I understand, and get it right next time. So I took shots off our balcony in "front" and out the "suicide door to nowhere" in "back". Here are the results. The "front" photo is a combo of 7 shots, the "back" is a combo of 9 shots. The "back" shot especially, combines some of my favorite things, HDR, night photography and mixed temperature lighting. I may have to try this at night in Veliki Park to add gravestones to the mix!

FRONT



BACK

No comments: