Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Photographic Truth

I went snowboarding for my very first time with Ryan and Carl today. I went down the whole mountain one time after a little bit of practice on a tiny hill at the bottom of the slope. It seems to me to be a pretty big mountain, Sarajevo’s Mt. Bjelasnica. I think the chair lift is like a 15 minute or so ride. It seemed a little longer, since I'm not keen on heights. These first five photos are complements of Shelby and Carl who had the sense to grab my camera as I came down the last 1/4 of the mountain or so. I'm in blue and on my feet...you might notice Ryan, in red and on his butt in every photo :) There is NO alteration of these photos in photoshop...this is the way it was...







According to spectators and eye-witnesses such as Shelby, Carl and Elesa, the reality was more like this:

Jeff on back


...apparently I spent most of an hour this way, because that is how long it took me to get down the mountain, Ryan spent most of that time sitting down watching.

Ryan on the go



And of course my posed photo opportunity!

No comments: