Saturday, March 05, 2005

Obsession

PhotoFriday's theme this week....hummmm
obsession
Pronunciation: äb-sesh'-&n
Function: noun
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable
idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation

I'll go with the "compelling motivation" for my
photo this week.

First, a few things I've noticed about my photography...

I like photographing cemeteries, its one of my first
choices when I go somewhere new. I've already posted
a number of cemeteries photos here, and in fact the
first photo I posted was a cemetery photo.

I like really blue sky, I wear polarized sunglasses
and more likely than not, usually have a polarizing
lens on my camera.

I shoot the vast majority of my photos as verticals
(or portrait) orientation. I didn't realize how
biased I was toward vertical orientation until I
started contributing to avisualplanet.com
a web supplier of high-quality presentation graphics
in a standard 1024x768 horizontal (landscape) format.

And the last reason I chose this photo as opposed to
umpteen others I have that all illustrate the three
points above...the Swiss are obsessed with keeping
their cemeteries beautiful.

No comments: